Through out my life I’ve heard many people say “you have let a man be a man”. Now, what does this mean?
- Let him have his male ego. Let him be “macho” or feel like it at least.
- When he needs his time, let him do so with the guys, blah blah blah
- Let him have responsibility and take control of some situations.
Do I agree with all the statements above? No, however, I would never disrespect a man’s manhood and I give respect especially when it is returned.
Now what about women? Does anyone ever say “you have to let her be a woman?” Nope, at least I’ve never heard it before. As a woman, I consider my self intelligent, loving, sensitive, emotional, nurturing, supportive, just to name a few traits. So if I had to give a few suggestions of “let her be a woman” it would be ( my words are not law, so ladies feel free to chime in )
- Let a woman vent even if you think it’s petty or “not that serious”. More than likely we like who we are sharing our thoughts with so just listen.
- Don’t make us feel like our feelings don’t matter. Even the roughest/toughest women out there, still have feelings. Don’t laugh at us or place our feelings on a back burner, just because you feel that you would never take whatever we are upset about to the heart.
- Don’t take our love or how we give our love for granted. There is nothing more hurtful than when you give you’re all to your significant other and it’s ignored.
We are all beautiful creatures and need to be respectful to one another. I must say I am proud to be a woman, so let me be! Lol 🙂
This topic has been weighing on my mind a lot and since today is “where is the love” Wednesday, I figured why not post it here today? Thanks for reading. If u have any suggestions or would like to chime in please do in the comments section. Thanks guys!!!
2 thoughts on “They say let him be a man, then let her be a woman too!”
Man have always stood their ground, that’s how we “women” became less important. If we expect more then we shall receive more. Our femininity is important and the right man will value and cherish it……
LikeLiked by 1 person
I completely agree! It’s about respect for sure! Thank u so much for your feed back!!