Have you all read this book above? It’s truly a great read and an eye opener. How many truly know how to love your partners? We know how we like to receive love and we may offer it the same way but what if it’s wrong when it comes to our partners?
I remember before Stephen and I got married, his uncle recommended that we both read this book. I highly recommend the book to all couples. According to Chapman, The Five Love Languages are:
- Words of Affirmation-this language uses words to affirm other people.
- Quality Time-this language is all about giving the other person your undivided attention.
- Physical touch-to this person nothing speaks more deeply than appropriate touch.
- Acts of Service-for these people actions speak louder than words.
- Receiving Gifts- for some people, what makes them feel most loved is to receive a gift.
I have to say for myself,I’m more than one and in the book, it’s mentioned that you can have more than one love language. I receive love by words of affirmation, quality time and physical touch. What do you think your love tank falls under? What about your partner?
I’m sure many people get confused when their partners say they don’t feel loved, meanwhile you are giving them love the only way you know how. As an adult it’s ok to learn how to love your partner because it can repair your relationship and bring you closer. Also, it’s ok to teach your partner how to love you as well 😊.
What do you all think? Have you heard of the five love languages? What fills your love tank?
Thanks for reading!!